Sunday, February 24, 2008

Sarcastic? No,it's not!


Can you imagine after I attended CG meeting and Overnight Prayer Meeting, I still can't sleep because I got to reach Bedok at 9.15am. Well, this is not the story for this post :) The story is that in JAMs Church, one of the workers said something which I think it was sarcastic. The person said to one of my student "Hey, (name)... you wear very nice today. Except that you got a very HORRIBLE name tag on your shirt". My reaction was (Grrrh!!!)

Well, I don't have the students' name tags with me so I used a tape. I tore the tape, write their name and Bus No. on it and then paste it on their shirt. Don't you think it's a great idea since I don't have the name tags with me?

Picture of a standard name tag and horrible name tag.








After JAMs, Kee Wei, Sandra and I have our lunch. Right before us, there's a group of JAMs workers. They are packing a lot of stuffs and Kee Wei asked me "Do they need help? Wanna go and help?". Filled with resentment, my reply was "NOOO!".

The next day which mean today, my perspective for this incident changed. [The students was wearing nice shirt, why should they put on a ugly and horrible name tag.]

Sometime we can be so busy serving until serving becomes a duty. I'm a JAMs teacher and I should love my students. Little things like name tag speaks a lot about your love for them. Thank Holy Spirit for speaking to me about this.

No comments: