Monday, January 28, 2008

Chronic Depression

I'm sleepless almost every night. Good and bad thoughts keep popping into my head. The siege of insomnia debilitated me completely and makes me a snorer. It's been for a few months since I have a good peaceful sleep. I need to learn how to handle depression. Last year 2006, I went to school not more than 3 days a week. I didn't even go for my O Level preliminary examination. Things get better in the beginning of 2007. However at the end of 2007, I got into depression state again. I'm truely sorry if you find me irresponsible or isolating myself. Please understand it my friends =) Depression is very destructive. Look what I have listed down.
When depressed, I experience:

01) a loss of enthusiasm for life.

02) a lack of energy for self-growth.

03) confusion as to what is the meaning of life for me.

04) a blue funk.

05)a lack of excitement or appreciation for my accomplishments in life.

06)lethargy, tiredness, and exhaustion.

07)an inordinate desire to sleep.

08)a flat emotional affect.

09)boredom with my life, job, family, friends.

10)the absence of spontaneity.

11)a lack of desire to keep on keeping on.

12)the desire to run away or end it all.

13)the feeling that I am only an observer of life and not involved in it.

14)a sense of living in slow motion.

15)tearfulness and weeping for no apparent reason.

16)loneliness, isolation, a lack of being connected to the others in my life.

17)the feeling that the world would be better off if I no longer existed

18)apathy, discontent, and a hollow feeling regarding my day to day existence.

19)ignoring my creativity, imagination, and ingenuity in facing my problems.

20)procrastination, feeling overwhelmed by my responsibilities, duties, and tasks.

This list can still go on but the Good News is that I'm going to overcome this depression.

"A champion is not one who doesn't fail. A champion is one who doesn't quit!"

No comments: